When he’s caught doing something naughty, realizes it, and knows I’m watching he’ll quickly tell me, “no more talking mom!!” before I can help re-direct him. He’s getting pretty good at catching me now before I even open my mouth. Gotta hand it to him… it’s a pretty clever way to get out of mischief.
“Keane, we only paint on the paper not… “NO MORE TALKING MOM” “no more talking…”
“Hey bud, please be carefu…. “no more talking, no more talking, no more.”
I’ll usually end up laughing so hard I forget what the problem was…
Like I said. Gotta hand it to him.
** post update ** He also threw in this lovely trick last week… “close your eyes mom.” The kid is smart. And hilarious without even knowing it.
I thought it would be fun to share a series on some of my favorite food finds and healthiness stuff. It’s something I’m really passionate about. I’m no expert, but I do love it. We’ve had a lot going on this year. With school and life. So I’ve been doing my best to make an effort to take care of myself. When I do I’m happier, which helps me to be a better wife and mom. This stuff is what works for me. I’ve tried so many things — the Whole30, paleo, vegan, and juice cleanses. The same goes with exercising. I’ve taken good things from everything. I’m finally piecing it together and starting to feel good about my health. For me it takes a good balance of mind, body, and spirituality. As cliche as that sounds it’s so true. Anyways, here’s the details on the pics above.
- Some of my very favorite cookbooks. It Starts with Food. Everyday Cooking Light. Meals Made Simple. Deliciously Ella. Oh She Glows.
- Almond Chia Energy Bites. I’ll post the recipe soon!
- You need this in your life if you like nut butters. SO. DANG. GOOD. I found mine at TJmaxx of all places. It’s called Wild Friends.
- Breakfast smoothie bowl with frozen mango, strawberries, banana, and almond milk. Topped with chia seeds and cocoa nibs.
- A salad jar for lunch on the go. I’ll make these for Garrett to take to school too. They’re so easy and yummy! Just make sure to put the dressing in first to keep it from getting soggy.
- One of our favorite easy go-to dinners. We usually do brown rice penne pasta instead and top it with some salt and pepper. We found the brown rice/millet ramen at Costco!
- Barre is my dream class. I just love it so much. I’ve always wanted to be a dancer and a yogi haha, it’s kind of like those two in one.
- MIRACLE is all I have to say about this stuff. Get some. I found it at Sprouts.
Frozen Banana Pops: We eat 2-3 at a time so they lasted a few days :)
- 2 frozen bananas, the more ripe the sweeter they will be
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and chop bananas into bite sizes. Poke with a toothpick (this was Keane’s favorite part) Freeze for 2-3 hours. Melt chocolate chips & coconut oil. Dip banana’s — and it freezes instantly! Sprinkle with sugar and enjoy em!